Sunday, May 25, 2014

Week 4 of Rubik's Cube Solving Quest


Happy 40th Birthday!!!!!!
No, not to you readers, but to the reason this blog is in existence. The Rubik's Cube celebrated its 40th birthday this past month, an as an honor of the occasion I solved the cube for the first time. I know for many of you who have found success sooner than I, this is not monumental achievement, but for the purpose of this project for me, it was a notable point of my semester. Below are images of the completed "yellow cross" that i was able to solve after completing the bottom white face and the first two rows of the four sides. You can see the white bottom side, as well as the orange, blue, green, and red sides are all complete aside from the last layer. I was able to fix that in a matter of minutes through even more trial and error. Along with how to solve a cube, this project has lengthened my patience and determination in trying something and not giving up until success. I'm pretty sure this is the second to last blogpost I will be doing because the due date for this assignment is rapidly approaching. I really feel as if the cube is making a comeback and after all the interest and positive feedback I generated through choosing this topic for 20 time, I may have played my part. If you have any questions on how to get through certain steps, the best guide I could find was the one by the rubik's company and can be accessed by the link below. They had great picture explanation and tutorial in words to match. That's all the update I have, talk to you next time!


http://rubiks.com/solving-guide/3x3




1 comment: